Saturday 12 March 2011

Adding A Link In A Comment

There will be times when you will want to add a link in a comment you leave on someone else's blog. This could be because you want them to look at a particular post you or someone else has published, maybe to show where you have added your post to advertize their blog candy, or you might be entering a blog challenge and their Mr Linky or Inlinkz isn't working and so you must enter by leaving a comment.

Now it's difficult to explain this in text as if I type how to add a link, it will just turn it into a link!

So, I have a picture showing how you do this.


Where it says "yourlink", add the URL of your blog or the blog post you want to link to. Remember to put the speech marks around it.

Where it says 'here's mine', put the text you want it to say - this is the text of your link. The rest of this text remains the same every time.

2 comments:

ogilvie said...

You are a life saver (AGAIN), I have just entered my first two challenges, one using Mr Linky and the other putting a link into my comment. Without you it wouldn't have been possible. This is the reason I set up my blog in the first place and on my own I wouldn't have gotten any further. Thanks again. Hugz, Janice.

Anonymous said...

Acquiring my to comment is usually tough, but that post was definitly worthy. I just desire to say hi and tell you that i is going to be back